How do we move you whilst keeping you and our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Government advice on moving home.
Taken from Gov.co.uk website – “The housing market in England will remain open during this national lockdown. This means that people looking to move home will be able to both continue with planned moves and view new properties to move into in the future. Estate and lettings agents, removers, valuers and people in sales and lettings offices and show homes will be able to continue working.”
What we as a removals firm are allowed to do.
Removal firms are allowed to operate and should follow the latest government guidance on safer working. Where moves are carried out, social distancing should be followed. Companies should ensure employees understand how to operate safely and communicate this to customers.
- Removers should contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
- They should also encourage households to ensure all internal doors are open and surfaces and possessions have been cleaned with household cleaning products prior to them entering the property.
- No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- Removers should wash their hands on entering the property using separate towels or paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
- Removers should seek to minimise contact with homeowners and, where possible, remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Removers should implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- Removers should bring their own refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
- Removers should also make sure they have read the latest guidance on travelling safely.
What do we do?
When it comes to moving our movers are in full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Every move they are supplied with fresh PPE to further ensure no cross contamination from move to move, keeping everyone safe.
Our removal men arrive with masks during the initial entry, but are then not required to wear face coverings as inline with government guidelines. “When you do not need to wear a face covering – if you are undertaking exercise or an activity and it would negatively impact your ability to do so”
This is due to the physical activity in which removals is carried out, with heavy breathing this can potentially leave the removal men breathless and can therefore impact their ability to carry out a move. This is outlined on the gov website.
We are committed to operating in a responsible and safe manner, if you would like to discuss a move or simply would like advice and more information please feel free to contact us.
Antiviral Disinfection Fogging
(this is an optional extra safety service)
In order to be able to move you safely, We Like 2 Clean It come to your property and use a fogging process to eradicate any airborne pathogens, the mist will then settle on the surfaces killing 99.99% of germs and viruses. Furthermore they clean our removals vehicles and the tools and equipment we use.
There is more detailed information about the fogging process at We Like 2 Clean It Bristol based cleaning company.
What Happens to the House?
Fully trained cleaning staff will go from room to room making sure the cleaning agent is adequately dispensed so the chemicals can do their work and kill any nasty bacteria including but not limited to coronavirus, E. Coli and Influenza.
What protection do the cleaning staff have?
All members of the cleaning team have their temperature checked on the day before entering your home and will arrive in full PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) including protective over clothes, masks, over shoes and gloves.
What chemicals are used?
The cleaning agent is effective in fighting bacteria within 5 minutes of being released, cleaning and disinfecting your home with a non bleach formula which is even safe for food preparation areas.
What do we do with vehicles and equipment?
All vehicles and equipment are thoroughly cleaned with virus killing agents, before and after every job. This ensures that no potential contamination can transfer from one move to another.
Call us today for a quote 0117 369 0570
Whatever your removals needs in Bristol or anywhere in the UK, weather you are a home mover or a business contact us to see how we can help you.